State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Legal Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-611575
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Global Legal Center of Excellence Summary
State Street’s Global Legal Center of Excellence (“GLCOE”) located in Gdansk, Poland, provides core support to State Street’s global business units and corporate functions, including drafting, negotiating and finalizing agreements, supporting key Legal Department initiatives and providing related legal support services. GLCOE is a dynamic team that is committed to delivering exemplary legal support to its global clients.
- Drafting and negotiating legal contracts and documentation governed by the laws of various global jurisdictions (e.g., Australia, England, United States) in accordance with relevant trainings and within defined risk parameters (e.g., foreign exchange and other derivatives contracts; agreements supporting global custody and administrative services product offerings; global markets product agreements; and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- Supporting Senior Lawyers in delivery of legal services;
- Participating in working groups responsible for transition of new types of agreements to the GLCOE;
- Working cooperatively with State Street Business Units and local Legal Teams globally in escalating and resolving legal issues;
- Supporting legal-related corporate initiatives and projects.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably within financial services sector and/or international law firm or international company;
- Law school graduate;
- Proficient legal and business English skills, especially in legal writing;
- Contract negotiation and drafting experience is a plus;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.