Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
BBH is looking for highly motivated individual to join Innovation Lab. BBH Innovation Lab objectives are to accelerate the adoption of emerging technologies in BBH operations. As a Tech Lead you will join BBH R&D group working on new solutions with a transformative ability to accelerate an impact. You will be part of a highly focused team of software innovators who solve most challenging business problems using different flavors of algorithms including but not limited to Machine Learning, Linear Programming, and Robots. You have to be highly skilled, team oriented, and eager to learn to contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Act as a hands on Tech lead to lead the architecture, design decisions for a products development
- Consistent practice in coding and unit testing
- Conduct code review for the team and have a well establish standards and practices for the team
- Work with distributed teams and act as SME
- Provide technical leadership on best practices for chosen architecture and technology
- Identify issues and risks and proactively add to the iterative Sprint discussion
- Communicate efficiently within and outside the team
- Strong organizational, time management
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience as a software engineer in a full-stack capacity
- 3+ years of technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Java - must be proficient in the language, core libraries & design patterns (Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Integration, JPA/Hibernate, JMS)
- RDBMS concepts - must understand basic principles of data modeling. Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with one or more modern front end frameworks/libraries such as Angular, React
- Good Experience with version control practices preferably using Git
- Should have good experience of CI/CD environment
- Engaging in application architecture and design decisions.
- Implementing/maintaining a repeatable iterative software development methodology.
- Improve the code quality with effective testing and review process.
- Design and develop scalable technical implementations.
- Knowledge of Micro Services solutions is a plus
- Machine Learning (TensorFlow, Sickit Learn) is a plus
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of other