Working for NAM Finance means:
- Upstream business exposure (delivery);
- External focus (joint-ventures);
- Commercial mindset (mature area).
NAM is an important part of Upstream International Operated (UIO), the Line of Business that primarily covers Shell's operated upstream oil and gas operations and investments.
BOFC submitter for NAM plays a key role in financial reporting process. Delivery of financial statements that give true and fair view of entity’s financial position and performance is crucial for entity’s internal and external shareholders.
On top of ensuring successful submission of numbers to the Shell group, submitter supports preparation of financial statements as per statutory principles as well as for NAM’s second shareholder, ExxonMobile.
Submitter is also a first point of contact for auditors’ queries including analysis of actuals in the light of past periods.
He/she addresses queries to the extent of own knowledge and involves other stakeholders.
Though the role is focused mainly on reporting, it calls for participation in purely accounting tasks such as overseeing month end close process and reconciliation of accounts.
Submitter ensures business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the standard global processes as well as Shell and external accounting guidelines.
He/she works collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
This role calls for supporting special projects within Report and Analysis Process and within the immediate team using skills and knowledge of the individual to drive improvement and support implementation of global standards.
Submitter is a a member of a team (~10 staff), reporting to Senior Team Manager.
- Completing monthly submission of entity’s financial statements in Report One system for Shell reporting purposes, including manual out of the ERP adjustments, elimination of errors, explanation of variances and answering questions from various Shell Group stakeholders.
- Overseeing and coordinating month end close process including preparations to the close as well as progress made in order to meet submission deadlines.
- Preparing and processing journal entries as well as applying professional judgement on encountered transactions and events to ensure their proper accounting treatment and recognition the books.
- Co-preparing entity’s statutory financial statements (BS & P&L) on a monthly basis.
- Co-preparing entity’s annual statutory financial statements (additionally Cash Flow, Statement of Changes in Equity and notes).
- Coordinating/preparing inputs for the audit of statutory financial statements as well as answering auditors’ questions.
- Preparing and reviewing accounts reconciliations (in Blackline system).
- Leading Balance Sheet review process aimed at addressing aged open items on accounts’ in scope and searching for opportunities to unlock cash – the process includes accounts maintained by other feeding processes.
- Preparing additional accounting and management information for shareholders.
- Supporting technical submission of Business Plan (budget) numbers for the following year in Planning One.
- Acting proactively in case of any system issues, adapting to the changes initiated by Shell Group, initiating of improvements in the existing process and implementing them to deliver future effectiveness.
- Executing SOX controls, ensuring operational and design effectiveness of controls over financial reporting within the area of responsibility.
- Resolving and escalating issues timely and effectively.
- Acting as an effective team player and actively participate in backup structure.
- Complying with team, Shell Business Operations, process and global policies and procedures,
- Performing other assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- 6 years’ experience in finance and/or accounting area,
- excellent command of English,
- excellent analytical and problem solving skills,
- excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills,
- very good stakeholder engagement skills and ability to build relationships effectively,
- ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others,
- ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones,
- adherence to processes, policies and procedures,
- ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment,
- a pro-active attitude, curiosity to learn,
- experience in using a major ERP system such as SAP or SUN,
- very good working knowledge of Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects