Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
We are looking for a talented, technical excellent and self-motivating Java Developers to join our Systems organization in Krakow. This position is primarily responsible for development of business critical applications using the latest Java/JEE and Web technologies. This position requires a skilled individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle – i.e. more broadly then in a pure development role.
- Contribute to requirements definition - contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. Individual must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Contribute to application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design.
- Develop application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines - develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Provide responsive support for business areas - quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, “high touch” approach to working with business users
- Java – must have strong experience in core Java
- Spring/JEE platform – must have experience with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security) or JEE platform (CDI, JPA, EJB, JAX-RS, JAX-WS)
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and applying SOLID principles in practice
- Experience with WebServices (SOAP, REST)
- Must understand basic principles of data modeling
- SQL – must be able to write simple to moderate complexity SQL queries
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, OpenJPA)
- Experience with test framework: JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share knowledge
- Fluent English
Technical attributes – highly desirable:
- Automated build platforms/continuous integration experience and knowledge (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium/WebDriver, Fitnesse, JBehave)
- Knowledge and applying TDD principles in practice
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs (troubleshooting Java memory issues, analyzing java heap/thread dumps, troubleshooting application issues)
- Experience with Unix platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
Technical attributes – nice to have:
- Prior experience with Tomcat
- Experience with databases (Oracle, DB2)