State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Private Equity Financial Reporting Administrator, Associate 2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-613605
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
- Prepare and analyze interim and annual audited financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP requirements for alternative investments (hedge, private equity, exchange, and real estate) funds
- Set up and maintain binders and electronic documentation for each respective fund during a given reporting cycle
- Ensure that all documentation used to calculate and support all financial statements disclosures is received and is accurate. Research, resolve or elevate issues as applicable
- Coordinate the distribution of financial statements and supporting documentation to relevant parties
- Coordinate the receipt of comments on financial statements drafts from both internal and external parties. Ensure the timely research, resolution and processing of comments
- Perform planning procedures prior to each reporting cycle and work with applicable parties to resolve issues
- Perform a review to ensure the general ledger balances agree to the supporting documentation, identifying issues and initiating the resolution of those issues with applicable parties
- Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements by performing a thorough self-review , adhering to internal control procedures and completing all required checklists
- Raise ideas to manager to support continuous operational improvements
- Manage own continued professional development through engaging in the PPR process and attending training
- Participate in team specific and department wide projects as required from time to time
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- 2 or more years of previous accounting experience
- Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus, but not required.
- Strong computer skills are required, Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathwa
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.