State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Accounting Team Leader, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-614257
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Purpose of Role:
Supporting financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence. The Derivative Team Supervisor is responsible for leading a derivatives group and will be responsible for identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving the situation
- Project management and execution of transition activity
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Communicate to internal departments progress on pending project
- Act as first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work (e.g. ensure any aged/material items are resolved in a timely fashion as per corporate standards)
- Monitor document process flows and procedures
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team along with team members.
- Oversee the mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing
- Review of reports
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective whilst maintaining client relationships.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in client meetings
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Responsibility for MIS reporting (to offshoring SSB sites and Management)
- Managing employees’ performance
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree).
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language.
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills along with a high degree of numeracy.
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel,
- good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry would be advantageous.
- Financial derivatives knowledge preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.