Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, which demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as Accounting, Financial Reporting and Custody Manager
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Manager in Accounting, Financial Reporting and Custody (Assistant Vice President) to join our Alternatives Investment Funds Team. In this role you will be responsible for managing client servicing teams to achieve overall client satisfaction and serve as a point of escalation for complex issues. The individual will manage day-to-day aspects of client relationships and perform core product functions as required to support high client satisfaction. The position manages and supervises multiple accounting and custody teams of 20+ team members overall, in charge of their day to day responsibilities: stand-alone accounting, financial reporting, consolidation and custody.
As part of the duties you will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Managing the operations of accounting, financial reporting and custody teams, review and delivery of services to allocated clients, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks (GL Accounting, Financial Reporting, Consolidation under IFRS and Lux GAAP, Fund’s Assets Supervision, Cash Monitoring).
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with applicable alternative fund industry laws, regulations and interpretations governing accounting framework, financial statements and disclosure, including IFRS and Luxembourg GAAP.
- Ensuring appropriate quality of deliverables with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements within assigned portfolio of clients,
- Overseeing communication with clients, auditors, tax advisors, depositary bank to ensure timely and accurate responses to any queries, acting as an escalation point of client contact for allocated clients.
- Recruitment process for job applicants, assisting new staff members in learning job specific tasks.
- Annual performance process for team members, feedback based on previously agreed upon goals.
- Promoting a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths.
- Playing a key role in the training and development of team members – delivering technical accounting, process or system trainings.
- Devising and participating in cross office projects to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of the department’s work.
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with other areas within BBH Krakow office and across the Firm globally.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in corporate full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff
- Advanced understanding of financial/accounting principles, including IFRS knowledge
- Professional accountancy qualification preferred e.g. ACCA, CIMA or CFA (qualified or part qualified)
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
What we offer:
- Working in a company with rich tradition and culture
- Being an important member of the organization, we are not a BPO/SSC
- Meaningful job with possibilities to make a difference
- Numerous learning and development opportunities – language courses, additional trainings
- Atmosphere built on trust, support and mutual respect
- Rich benefit and bonus package
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- Modern facilities fostering collaboration and fun
- Work-life balance