State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
App Development – JAVA, AVP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-622930
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The candidate must have 3+ years of experience in IT or relevant industry. This role is for a Senior Developer with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree with strong JAVA development with object oriented concepts experience.
- Designs, develops and maintains software applications.
- Analyzes, designs, estimates, and develops software programs to meet project schedule.
- Develop all levels of specifications that detail the implementation of improved functionality.
- Perform overall system design down to individual class design.
- Program (code, unit test, integration test and debug) and maintain new and/or improved functionality based on system specifications.
- Maintains and supports existing software applications.
- Prepares systems documentation as needed.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid testing skills
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Detail oriented.
- Produces accurate and quality work.
- High level of proficiency in the required programming language.
Requirements for this role
- Excellent knowledge in JAVA
- Excellent application development experience and working knowledge of SQL Programming, AJAX Technologies, Google Web Tool Kit and Jasper Reports
- Knowledge of ODBC, JDBC
- Basic foundational knowledge of Web Services is a plus; Agile Development practice
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.