State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Associate 1
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-624610
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street
Purpose of the role
Financial Reporting Accountant is reporting to a Team Supervisor of the Financial Reporting Team in Poland. This position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their knowledge of financial accounting and preparation of financial statements for investment funds in compliance with appropriate regulatory frameworks and accounting standards. This is an entry level position.
- Prepare and complete audited annual and unaudited interim reports including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments, Statement of Changes in Net Assets/Equity and notes to financial statements
- Prepare reporting templates for annual and interim cycles using the standard operating procedure
- Prepare audit files and reconciliations in line with standard operating procedure
- Process changes accurately to financial statements in compliance with appropriate accounting and regulatory standards
- Work to tight client deadlines in order to meet reporting timelines
- Maintain and develop relationships with our internal clients and supporting teams (e.g. Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee)
- Be up-to-date with current accounting standard changes communicated by the senior staff
Skills we are looking for
- Aptitude for figures
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Quick in thinking, reflection and execution
- Graduate with an accounting qualification or relevant degree in economic studies,
- Or graduate from mathematics/physics/econometrics
- Good command of English
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Have a thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience within the funds industry or relevant accounting/audit background would be a distinct advantage
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.