State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Quantitative Analyst, Senior Associate/Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-625255
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Model Development Quantitative Analyst, Officer will report to the Head of Model Development in Poland, and will be responsible of supporting the US team to conduct model development activities within existing ERM department. The Poland team will cover the models used at State Street to make business and operating decisions—most notably regulatory and economic capital models. These models are in areas including wholesale credit risk (e.g., probability of default, loss given default, exposure measurement, and loan loss reserving; counterparty credit risk; operational risk).
- Support the US team to conduct model development activities and ensure model risks are correctly identified, assessed, and captured:
- Assessing model theory and model assumptions as well as considering model methods and potential options;
- Testing and confirming model results by using documented procedures for running the model(s);
- Writing the code documentation for proper model implementation;
- Working with model validation team members and information technology professionals to determine model risk and integrity;
- Assessing the stability and robustness of models by conducting backtesting, sensitivity testing, and stress testing;
- Ensure compliance with the State Street quality requirements for model risk;
- Deliver the model results on regular meetings with business experts;
- At least 2 years of experience in roles related to quantitative finance or quantitative research (model validation, model development, model audit, ALM, etc.), including model documentation and implementation; exposure to regulatory concerns a plus;
- PhD in related disciplines or Master degree with extensive business knowledge and strong technical skills (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering); CFA, FRM or PRM designation a plus;
- Excellent coding skills with experience in either R, Python, Matlab, C++, SAS and/or SQL;
- High proficiency in the use of standard MS Office software: Excel, Word, Power Point;
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and management, calculus, statistics, probability and simulation modeling;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate effectively ideas and analysis to senior management;
- Hands-on and results oriented, willingness to work in a position with uneven and high priority project work;
- Willingness and ability to master concepts quickly;
- Ability to gain trust and respect of business partners;
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.