One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in largest center located in Krakow. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist with working experience in Accounts Payable and proficiency in English. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- You support a team that executes accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements
- You ensure correct and timely preparation of the Company’s financial statements and other obligatory statements required by law or Company’s standards
- You coordinate the financial and accounting audit process and cooperate with the internal audit in respect of processes or operating activities covering issues which affect financial statements
- You supervise timely and correct preparation of reports addressed to the following: Central Statistical Office, National Bank of Poland, Ministry of State Treasury, Internal Revenue Office, Customs Office
- You organize the preparation, approval, evaluation and verification of documents in a manner ensuring proper course and completion of business operations
- You ensure correct, timely and optimum settlement of taxes, correct and timely cost accounting, implement policies relating to provisions and allocates costs, conduct investigations and reconciliations of accounts as necessary
- Your perform general accounting activities, applying techniques and standards to solve unusual issues and serves as escalation point for complex accounting transactions
- You identify, recommend and assist in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains across the region/global
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Finance function and at least 3 years in a role relevant to Chief Accountant (General Accounting / General Ledger / Financial Reporting)
- Experience in Finance Shared Services for a Global Company a strong plus
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Charted Accountant qualifications a strong plus
- Knowledge of Polish Accounting Regulations and US GAAP
- Demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of GL, financial accounting and reporting
- Excellent user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills and ERP experience as a must
- Proficient in business English and Polish
- Excellent communication skills as well as team handling and delegations skills
- Collaborative and conflict resolving approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, handle different initiatives concurrently, create learning atmosphere among team members and leverage networks within the organization
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.