State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Investment & Model Risk Analyst, Senior Associate with State Street Global Advisors
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-628695
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
What we will ask you to do:
As a member of the enterprise risk management team, you will:
- Provide independent oversight to ensure appropriate levels of risk exist across our client’s portfolios. The position will work hands-on with portfolio managers to measure, quantify, and communicated market risk exposures and any changes to the funds/accounts risk profiles.
- The risk analyst will assist our senior risk managers to improve our risk management process.
- Analyze models including the entire model workflow, identifying gaps in model development, implementation, and usage and the associated documentation. Models include those with involved quantitative processes as well as those involving structured expert judgment
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, traders, researchers, IT, and Corporate Model Risk Management to conduct independent full scope validation as well as annual reviews of SSGA investment models
- Review and assess model changes and conduct targeted validation on significant model changes investment models
- Review and assess remediation submissions and ongoing monitoring of SSGA investment models
What we would like you to be:
- The minimum academic requirement for the Quantitative Analyst position is a Master’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field, or its equivalent. Additionally, CFA/candidacy is helpful
- Programming capability in Python/R/Matlab language is highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is required, with ability to articulate effectively ideas and analysis to both model owners and management
Who you are:
- Ability to build tools and reporting for risk management and to use technology and systems. Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction, derivative processing, risk analytics, and investments
- Past experience in modeling or validation in financial industry is helpful. Asset management industry experience a plus
- Ability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Ability and self-motivation to master concepts quickly and connect dots
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Phenomenal teammate and collaborative attitude required
Equal Opportunities Statement
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.