State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Billing Accountant, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-630206
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing. Position requires Accounting knowledge and financial instruments in depth expertise. Employee within GBO organization is required to cooperate with both internal and external stakeholders and clients with special attention to risk excellence and full accountability for assigned tasks.
Senior Billing Accountant will perform tasks assigned by direct Billing Team Manager or other member of Billing management team. He/She is responsible for process support by substantive knowledge on billing processes. Duties will also include Billing Team Leader and/or Billing Team Manager support in non people management related activities.
- Provide extensive expertise in billing area
- Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Reconcile billed accounts against P&L accounts
- Manage internal departments and external clients queries relating to billing and reports and invoices
- Provide information to internal departments and external clients as needed to facilitate payment for invoices
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing related internal controls are followed
- Cooperate and support Team Leader/Team Manager in supervision over daily process completeness
- Support Team Leader in organizing team workload and trainings for less experienced team members
- Perform second eye review after less experienced team members
- Act as first contact and escalation point for internal and external business partners
- Present highest level of risk excellence and be an example of ethical behaviour for the team
- Provide support and training to less experienced team members
- Support management and lead projects related to Billing area
- Act as team/department representative on various committees and working groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 4 years of experience in financial accounting / billing or other relevant area
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes
- Knowledge of products in investment banking domain
- Fluent English both in speaking and writing
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Proficiency in accounting systems
- Excellent time management
- Attention to details and problem solving approach
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to find solutions and solve issues within area of billing
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Experience in waterfall and/or agile mode of project implementation
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.