State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Financial Planning Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-629330
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Reporting to the EMEA LFO the Financial Analyst plays a key decision-support role in the finance department. This function serves as a central control and coordination point for all aspects of regular reporting of SS financial results including revenue expense and operating income statistical and driver reporting MIS reporting and ongoing KPI reporting.
- Revenue & Expense analysis
- Support and influence business decisions including revenue maximization and expense management and the distribution and presentation of internal management reports
- Budget & Forecast analysis
- Review of revenue and expense levels liaising with operational leads to identify growth areas or plan for structural changes
- Client Profitability Analysis
- Construction of monthly client profitability statements of clients for internal decision making purposes
- Provide support as necessary for pricing of local and/or cross border RFP’s.
- Monthly MIS Package
- Production of MIS package with business driven financial commentary with view to keeping management informed with regard to financial performance and business drivers.
- Analysis of Global Cost Allocations
- Monthly review of global cost allocations to ensure they reflect economic reality. Liaise within the State Street global finance network with regard to allocation methodologies
- Support the Regional Financial Planning & Analysis team and the Head of Finance in ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
- Interface with State Street global financial analyst and comptroller community to source financial data and assumptions or provide local financial insight as required.
- Collaborating closely with the Insight centers Revenue, Expense and Central reporting
- Expectation of minimum 7+ years’ experience in financial analysis (non-industry specific) or equivalent depth of experience
- University degree MBA or equivalent in Finance/Economics
- Advantage to have professional Accountancy qualification – in progress is acceptable
- Demonstrated track record of academic success and practical business experience
- Commercial acumen – ‘know what needs to be done’
- Ability to execute tasks efficiently/ effectively – ie demonstrate value-added in previous roles
- Initiative self starter decisive good fit with team
- Good numerical and analytical abilities with the ability to communicate complex concepts
- Good organization skills and sense of detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written good presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and across teams.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required
- Looking for an ambitious high performer with ability and willingness to move ahead.
- The ideal candidate will be at Senior Financial Analyst Stage (preferably) in their career.
- Self-motivated flexible personable good communication skills both verbal and written ability to interact with people across all levels.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Advantage to have experience with Excel add-in databases (Essbase Q&A); Khalix and Oracle preferred but not essential
- Aptitude for learning new systems essential.
- Fuel Innovation
- Influence Courageously
- Collaborate for Results
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.