State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Middle Office Team Supervisor (AIS), Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-632677
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Supervision of the teams responsible for trade processing and confirmation of client’s trades, error reporting and resolution.
- Ensuring all trade files transmitted by the Fund daily on trade-date are processed by the team.
- Ensure the team perform trade-date confirmation.
- Track status of unsigned, inaccurate and missing OTC confirmations and provide the Fund with a weekly status report
- Ensure the transmission of trade details received from the Fund. Report and escalate any Trade export problems
- Monitor trade fails with prime brokers, counterparties and the Fund including review of prime broker/custodian fail or mismatch reports. Escalate when necessary to the Ireland team / Client.
- Overview of daily reconciliation breaks and ensure all breaks are followed up and escalated to Ireland team/client if necessary.
- Ensure pricing for portfolio securities daily from third party pricing sources approved by the Fund.
- Ensure the calculation of all collateral movements required in accordance with the terms specified in the ISDA, PSA and ISMA agreements, as received by IFS.
- As authorized, direct and monitor cash and collateral payments for trade settlements
- Ensure daily checklist is complete and verify end of day process is completed.
- Highlight, escalate and report all issues to the client representative in Ireland pertaining to client service.
- Ensure daily correspondence with the Ireland Office to keep the Operations Manager up to date with relevant issues.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- Highly numerate
- IT Literate
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree)
- In depth knowledge of some/all of the following products: Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very good English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.