Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
BBH is looking for highly motivated individual to join Innovation Lab. BBH Innovation Lab objectives are to accelerate the adoption of emerging technologies in BBH operations. As a Data Scientist you will play a critical part in BBH Digital transformation by conducting research, designing, prototyping, and validating machine learning models to assure achievement of desired business outcomes. You will be part of a highly focused team of innovators who solve business problems using different flavors of algorithms including but not limited to Machine Learning, Linear Programming, and Robotics Process Automation.
- Play a vital part in BBH digital transformation by developing AI models for Financial Services
- Monitor the efficiency of developed machine learning models and re-train when there is a need
- Build data structures by gathering, identifying relationships and transforming big datasets
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and business correlation of analyzed data
- Work with external Systems team to identify data sources and obtain access to training and test data
- Coordinate machine learning projects
- At least two years‘ experience in designing, building and deploying machine learning and statistical modelling
- Proficiency in scientific programming (Python, R) and data querying (SQL)
- Familiarity with big data technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Great communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Finance business expertise (supply chain, time series forecasting etc.) is of advantage
- University degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science is of advantage
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others