State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Service Governance Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-627919
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Responsible for performance management monitoring over operational groups in Poland. Support internal clients to achieve stable cooperation with number of internal stakeholders by providing operating model support and expertise. Investigate new and better ways of meeting the needs of our clients ensuring an emphasis on key metrics, risk reduction, efficiency and control.
Leadership and Management
- Assist Service Governance Team members from the perspective of technical aspects.
- Recommend and implement training and development activities for individuals and the Service Governance team as well as across the Poland Operations.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
Management of Service Delivery
- Review errors and potential breaches across Poland Operation departments; prepare analysis, identify trends and suggest, request and contribute to remediation actions.
- Analyze timeliness of operational groups on a daily basis. Categorize and draw trends. Provide extended report on reasons including recommended remedial actions.
- Participate in service calls with internal stakeholders providing key facts and technical support while discussing operating model and performance issues.
- Escalating observations on operating model to the Business and other appropriate forums/work streams ensuring adequate analysis and research backing these up.
- Designing efficient and robust solutions to the problems presented, with a key focus on risk reduction and control.
- Encouraging continual process improvement using Lean Methodologies.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery across Fund Accounting and all other Operational groups and recommend and implement corrective action.
- Produce monthly Poland MI Report for all operational groups.
- Plan and manage all relevant project work.
- Maintain close contact with Officer and AVP (Service Governance Team Manager and Senior Manager), briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in Poland Operations teams, OAO representatives and contacts in Donor Sites.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts.
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on the model of interactions between Fund Accounting and related Global Process Delivery as well as downstream impact from one operational group on another.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all operational teams in Poland, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Provide resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that your Service Governance Team Manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in a Fund Accounting or any other Operational group is necessary.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel and Power Point. VBA knowledge is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within deadline driven environment.
- Degree Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred but not essential.
- Solid knowledge of the financial services industry and awareness of State Street services and Global Operating Model e.g. fund administration, pricing, custody, client reporting. Previous experience of business/process analysis preferred but not essential.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.