State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Tax Team Supervisor, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-634304
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role
The position has been created in order to supervise teams ensuring that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Moreover, the role will supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
Tax Team Supervisor on daily basis:
- Leads and motivates staff, particularly direct reports;
- Sets and maintains standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensures staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures;
- Co-ordinates and implements training and development activities for individuals and the team;
- Provides coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues;
- Develops and communicates a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements;
- Agrees goals for team annually and keeps up to date on the Performance Review system during the year;
- Monitors and appraises the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the Performance Review system is updated within corporate deadlines;
- Assists with recruitment of new staff;
- Participates in & supports company committees and initiatives;
- Takes responsibility for the quality of service for assigned clients;
- Performs and/or monitors quality and internal controls for all team deliverables;
- Maintains close contact with Officer (Tax Manager), briefing him/her on all issues both actual and potential;
- Develops and maintains good relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in Donor Sites;
- Conducts regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up.
- Minimum 2 years in Financial Industry (preferably Taxation or Fund Accounting);
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Tax or Business related degree;
- Experience in a Taxation or Fund Accounting environment is necessary;
- Very good working knowledge of Excel;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to perform effectively within strict deadlines;
- Good management skills;
- Very good English.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.