Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1700 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As Junior Project Accountant, you’ll be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team by providing accounting support within our systems to the project delivery efforts for our clients and internal teams.
The Junior Project Accountant interprets accounting data and analyzes reports in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). In this role, you will help identify and monitor project revenue/cost variances, as well as issue client invoices.
Our Junior Project Accountant:
- Maintains projects in Oracle according to the company policies and procedures
- Reviews contract terms and associated information to ensure project setup generates appropriate results
- Issues and reviews client invoices to ensure they are in accordance with the contract terms
- Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Work in Progress and Billing In Excess accounts
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data, revenue and cost budgets/forecasts
- Provides month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances
- Conducts ad hoc reporting, as needed
- Contacts other departments and outside vendors, suppliers and clients to resolve cross functional pending items.
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines as outlined in company policies and best practices
- Participates in internal and external audit
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, equivalent major or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in an international accounting environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Advanced analytical skills
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Willingness to work 3-8 days per month on late shifts (till 22.00)
- International working environment and unique company culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic team
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other
At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With more than $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.