IT Infrastructure Management Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
• Manage and maintain the Risk Analytics IT infrastructure estate from a change perspective (Transformation, Audit, Refresh).
• Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity problems
• Work with engineers to understand technical requirements
• Provide feedback and recommendations on requirements based on health check results and aligned to UBS’ Infrastructure strategy
• Communicate events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership
• Perform capacity workload modeling and availability analysis
• Determine the required course of action to improve performance and escalate when appropriate
• Provide Level 3 production support
• Document, monitor, report and manage the resolution of systemic issues
• Work with Engineers, Vendors, and Architects when issues appear systemic or cannot be resolved
• Recommend procedures and controls for problem resolution or create temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented
• Report security issues when appropriate and gather required information
• Make recommendations to improve security and participate in investigations as needed
• Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and standards
• Ensure documentation is developed and maintained
• Support and participate in the formal reporting of project status
• Evaluate future technologies and make recommendations for software and hardware upgrades
• Provide technical guidance, coaching/mentoring to team members
You’ll be working in the Group Treasury Technology team based in our Krakow Office. Our team makes sure that we get the most out of our technology investment by collaborating with colleagues, delivering on projects and outlining the technical roadmap using our combined knowledge. As an IT Infrastructure Management Engineer, you’ll play an important role in making sure we achieve both business and technology objectives.
You’ll be working in the Group Treasury Technology infrastructure team, working with our global teams (Poland, UK and India). Our team makes sure that we get the most out of our technology investment by collaborating with colleagues, delivering on projects and outlining the technical roadmap using our combined knowledge. As an IT infrastructure Management Engineer, you’ll play an important role in making sure we achieve both business and technology objectives.
• Ideally you will have worked in an IT support or engineering role for a number of years within an organization with a sizable infrastructure estate and supporting enterprise level middleware/applications
• You have support and maintenance experience of complex IT solutions
• You are a problem solver and adept at diagnosing infrastructure, OS and middleware faults
• You work well as part of a team, but can also manage your own time and deliverables
• Mandatory technical skills:
• Strong Windows operating system capability (2008 thru 2016)
• Proficient in storage management- NetApp Filers / Qtrees, DFS, Sharing & Permissions
• Proficient in general database technologies – Oracle, Microsoft SQL, DBaaS, MongoDB
• Desirable technical skills
• Strong server knowledge and experience – ideally HP Blades, Dell, Lenovo
• TIBCO DataSynapse GridServer 5.1.3+
• Azure Cloud
• Linux (RHEL)
• IaaS (Virtualisation)
• Familiarity with any of the following technologies will be advantageous: AutoSys, Development, PowerShell, .Net, Jira, TeamCity, MongoDB OpsManager
• Experience of these internal systems would also be an advantage – iSac, GSnow, BBS, ARP, Atti, UBSDeploy, MyInfra
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
IT Infrastructure Management Engineer | UBS - Experienced professionals - job boards
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."