Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
The Financial Controller for CEE is responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality, timely reporting for group, management and statutory purposes and financial oversight, balance sheet integrity and is accountable for transactional process delivery to the business. The role will lead a Country and therefore be responsible for managing Business Unit and stakeholder relationships. Management of multiple stakeholder relationships across borders will be required for internal S&N relationships, external customers and regulatory bodies such as country tax authorities. A working knowledge of multiple tax and regulatory jurisdictions may be required in this role.
Many process activities in the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Record to Report have moved to GBS centres, with activities mostly in Pune, India and non-English language based activities in near shore locations in San Jose Costa Rica, Wroclaw Poland and Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. These roles will be responsible for ensuring that the Business Unit SOP processes and systems are aligned to the S&N Group Finance Manual and Global Policies & Procedures to deliver effective, efficient and compliant services. These individuals need to be self-motivated and experienced finance professionals who have the ability to understand and successfully transfer existing finance processes into our new GBS centres across Record-to-Report, Order-to-Cash and Purchase-to-Pay. In doing so it will be advantageous to identify any areas/processes where we can exploit any quick-wins through the elimination, simplification or standardization of activities.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the service for allocated Business Units aligned with the Finance Taxonomy and RACI deliver fit for purpose transactional finance and financial reporting service that are compliant with the S&N control frameworks.
- Design and implement appropriate change management interventions to ensure acceptance of the solution with internal and external stakeholders including both internal and external auditors.
- Design, create and implement the responsibility and accountability for a strong controls culture and framework to ensure compliance with the Group’s Minimum Acceptable Practices (“MAPs”) framework, Group Finance Manual and SOX methodology in conjunction with the Controllership function in Finance.
- Design and drive the transformation of the service to minimise cost whilst maintaining controls and ensuring integrity of the accounting.
- Provide strong inspirational leadership, recruiting, building and developing a high performing Finance Operations team in GBS dependent on the result of the feasibility assessment.
- Identify and prioritise future improvement initiatives e.g. process simplification, standardisation and business efficiencies; including identification of opportunities for automation.
- Degree qualified & professional qualification
licenses / certifications
- ACA / ACCA / CA /CPA / CMA or equivalent
- 7+ year’s reporting and controlling experience.
- Experience of offshored / outsourced Accounts Payable, Credit, Collections and Cash application transactional finance processes.
- Sound overview of end to end operational and financial controls, business processes and reporting.
- Cross functional stakeholder relationship management and ability to influence and make an impact on decision making from off-shore location.
- Highly talented individual with the ability and willingness to progress to more senior Finance roles.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence team members and wider stakeholders.
experience nice to have
- Relevant industry experience (manufacturing and sales) advantageous, ideally in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals.
- Experience of SAP (ECC6) and/or Hyperion.
- Working knowledge SOx regulatory framework where applicable.
- Experience of working in a listed entity with SOx requirements.
- Outstanding strategic, numerical and analytical skills with high degree of accuracy andattention to detail.
- Embody all elements of high-performing culture: focused, accountable, engaged andopportunistic.
- Develop long-term relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Uphold company-wide code of conduct.
- Strong leadership skills to recruit, manage, coach, train and motivate employees to achievecompany objectives; delivers results personally and also from team members by settingperformance expectations and holding people accountable.
- Transformation, project and change management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and drive continuous improvement utilizing existing andacquired knowledge/experience.
- Ability to influence and communicate at a senior level.
- Ability to work independently across multiple initiatives simultaneously and process complexdata to generate relevant insight.
- Ability to continuously learn and acquire knowledge.
- Confidence to intervene and challenge the business when appropriate.
- Fluent English and advanced Russian are required
travel requirements up to 25%
for this position we offer
- private health care | multisport card | life insurance
- subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
- annual bonus | sharesave plan | going extra miles program
- subsidized meals and fruits | integration parties
- possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours
- possibility of growth in the life sciences company
- ring, collaborative and courageous business environment
- relaxation zones in the modern workplace
- company car
care | multisport
card | life
sharesave plan |
meals and fruits |
growth in the life
zones in the