Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Project Analyst- Digital Solutions
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Project Analyst to join our Digital Solutions team. In this role you will oversee small/medium projects and/or workstreams of larger projects under the moderate supervision of a Program/Project Manager as we build out our digital presence in innovative and exciting ways. Additionally, you may assist a Program/Project Manager in applying project management processes to administer, organize, monitor and control all program/project activities including the use of Scrum/Agile methodologies.
You will work directly with team lead(s) to ensure that individual project budgets and plans are updated, and relevant project documentation is mapped and traceable. The Senior Project Analyst also provides project updates and communicates effectively with project team members, Controllers and/or other project related, and program/project managers.
You may also have the opportunity to create or oversee the creation of department level reporting of programs and projects assigned to the Digital Solutions organization by working with senior leaders, program and project managers.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Coordinates with project sponsor and/or project lead to define project scope, objectives and success criteria
- Works with team leads to develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates and resource plans.
- Uses project planning tool to create and maintain project plan information including forecasts, status, and time/financial tracking.
- Define roles and responsibilities for assigned project team members.
- Supports program/project managers in budgeting and resources allocation to individual project teams
- May run project meetings independently
- May be asked to use Scrum/Agile methodologies to coordinate projects including operating as Scrum Master for a Scrum team.
- Drives execution of small projects and/or segments of medium projects from initiation to production.
- Coordinate execution of the project plan including monitoring progress against scope, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinates the project activities for a work group / project team to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Ensure best practices and relevant project standards are applied across all phases of the project.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and overall critical path to ensure the project execution is carried out timely and within budget.
- Facilitates trade off decisions between quality, costs, resources, scope and time to prioritize demand with the support of project leads and key stakeholders.
- Produce ad hoc reports using project management and relevant reporting tools (CA PPM, Jaspersoft, Excel and Access; JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.).
- Monitor project progress against schedule, hours and cost and report variances
- Assist Program/Project Manager in the preparation of steering committee/status reporting materials
- Perform analysis on project data, including but not limited to, budget/actual analysis, proactively identify issues and recommend remediation steps
- Coordinate or create reporting of program and/or project health based on scope, budget and timeline for programs and projects assigned to the department
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry or project experience
- Demonstrated planning, organization, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn, adapt, and apply new concepts and technologies
- Customer-focused perspective, team work, negotiation, conflict management and adaptability.
- Demonstrated influencing and leadership skills, including negotiation and conflict management
- Demonstrated understanding in areas of application programming, database and system design or with business-side knowledge of custodian, administrator, transfer agent roles.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills, including delegation, team work
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills and is able to communicate effectively with project team and department/group managers.
- Familiarity with project management software (e.g., CA PPM, MS Project) to build/manage schedules and produce dashboard reporting.
- Experience with MS Office applications including: Sharepoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence applications
- Knowledge of project methodologies including theoretical aspects of project management including Scrum/Agile
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others