Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Alternatives Fund Administration Expert
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Expert to join our Alternatives department, dealing with administration of higher liquidity Alts Funds. In this role you will be responsible for finalizing NAV calculations, reviewing work of multiple FAS teams for the purpose of agreeing and preparation of the NAV package, coordinating and contributing to production of bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly (depending on client) NAV’s. By joining this role, you are receiving an opportunity to be a part of newly created team with tremendous growth potential. You are receiving a chance to gain knowledge and experience in a rate limited only by your willingness to pursue them. You will be dealing directly with multiple teams across the organization in order to fully understand our process and deliver a great quality service to our clients. You will gain knowledge on Accounting, Expense, TA and CSG processes. You will become a jack of all trades of Investment Funds Industry.
Arguably, this may be one of the most comprehensive roles you will encounter.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Produce, review and confirm correctness of NAV for several Alts clients, ensure the delivery process;
- Liaising with multiple internal teams and external parties (clients, auditors) and coordinating the supply of information and responses to inquiries;
- Playing major role in new launches, transitions and conversions from the perspective of the team;
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, acting as a key contact, ensuring research and accurate responses to any problems posed;
- Ensuring efficient operation of processing and functions, advise on workflow improvements;
- Performing the internal controls agreed for the process.
- Updating work instructions for the assigned clients and processes.
- Establishing efficient workflow standards, providing ongoing feedback and conducting (semi) annual performance reviews;
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or gained through experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in financial industry, most desirably in Investment Funds;
- Strong motivation to pursue knowledge, understand processes and develop your skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Very good understanding of financial/accounting principles and Fund Industry
- Strong reviewing skills, attention to detail;
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills
- Professional accountancy qualification as an advantage (qualified or part qualified);
- Supervisory experience is an asset;
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.