State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Associate 1
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-636188
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Why this role is important to us:
Financial Reporting department is responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, half-year end and year-end financial statements for investment funds.
Who we are looking for:
This position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their knowledge of financial accounting and preparation of financial statements for investment funds in compliance with appropriate regulatory frameworks and accounting standards. This is an entry-level position.
What you will be responsible for:
- Prepare and complete first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance, including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments, Notes to financial statements, in line with applicable reporting standards
- Prepare reporting templates for annual and interim cycles
- Liaise with other departments to address and resolve all issues identified within a trial balance
- Prepare audit files and reconciliations in line with standard operating procedure
- Process changes accurately to financial statements in compliance with appropriate accounting and regulatory standards
- Work to tight client deadlines in order to meet reporting timelines
- Maintain and develop relationships with our internal clients and supporting teams (e.g. Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee)
- Be up to date with current accounting standard changes communicated by the senior staff
- Comply with accounting policies/procedures and internal control documentation
- Understand the core processes and areas of risk within the business area and work with a management team to mitigate them
- Constantly improve knowledge and skills in the area of accounting, financial reporting and the investment funds sector
- Participate in projects impacting the wider group where possible
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar (preferred) – min. Bachelor.
- General knowledge of financial services industry. Knowledge of Financial Reporting is a plus.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting would be advantageous
- Aptitude for figures, accuracy
- Good command of English
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Seeks responsibility
- Multitasking ability
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Team player
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs and our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.