Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Senior Corporate Actions Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Specialist to join Corporate Actions team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the supervisor with enhancing the productivity of the unit in addition to performing specialized operational securities processing activities to support the firm’s business lines. This includes activities such as: instruction receipt and authentication, instruction verification (dual controls), processing and recording, reporting and acknowledgement, and reconciliation. You might be directing day to day activity of employees but will not have formal management oversight.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Review and validate corporate action announcements that team members input into CA platform for dissemination to clients and downstream systems
- Identify incomplete and/or inconsistent information that may result in risk to BBH or our clients.
- Resolve the discrepancy
- Processing Voluntary Actions
- Utilize BBH Market Data Vendors, Company Documentation and Agent Bank information to research corporate event information.
- Ensure all clients’ corporate action instructions are accepted and processed by deadline.
- Research and analyze share and cash breaks and past due items. Resolve all open breaks and past due payments within defined time frames.
- Identify and communicate all uninstructed positions for Corporate Events to clients via phone call and written communication.
- Assist team members with day to day activities/provide back-up support.
- Day to Day focus is on executing tasks within defined policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met.
- Coordinate control/production related activities.
- Coordinate intraday and end of day prioritization and reconciliation of daily work/proof and control.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience, financial services background preferred.
- English skills at minimum B2 level
- Corporate actions knowledge is a strong asset
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Customer Service orientation, works to exceed client expectations
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to diligently work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to allocate work through educated workflow management
- Proactive self-starter who is detail and goal oriented
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others