Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior FX Trade Initiation Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Specialist to join our FX team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting London Foreign Exchange Relationship Managers in processing trades and ensuring trader positions are accurately updated.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Act as the focal point person between the FX NY, Tokyo & London Relationship Managers and Traders and the various pre/post-execution units, including FX Account Maintenance, Confirmations, Settlements and Investigations
- Responsibilities include trade entry, compensations, trades reconciliation and checks
- Respond to internal and external client service requests with respect to FX reconciliation, discrepancies and investigations
- Monitor any technical issues with FX systems or portals and work with Systems Support team to resolve it quickly
- Participate in process improvements within the FX Trade Initiation Unit and oversee improvements through to completion
- Manage and prioritize workload independently
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting to FX Trading, Clients and management as necessary
- Verify transaction details vs orders
- Provide KPI metrics
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal and external contacts, with main focus on Relationship Managers and traders
- Provide internal and external presentations, participate in calls and various internal discussions and projects
- BS/BA degree or equivalent job-related experience
- 2+ years of experience in Finance Operations
- Knowledge of derivatives products and Custody preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize volume
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proactive approach to daily work and ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to communicate professionally with others
- Strong client service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- MS Office proficiency required-included MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others