State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Accountant, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-640980
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Your potential new team:
You’ll be joining the Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of accounting services such as AP, AR, GL, VMD processes, analysis and reporting to multiple State Street Bank locations across the world.
- Perform the General Ledger and Reporting activities that may include [but are not limited to]: specific month-end close tasks, monthly account reconciliation and resolve account discrepancies, reporting and analyzing according to US GAAP, monitoring and allocation of payments, support ad hoc reporting for local and group purposes etc.
- Participating in transition of the processes and creation of all required documentation
- Cooperation with global teams;
- Suggest and implement effective processes to enhance and improve daily work
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Financial Reporting/General Ledger Accounting and/or other related fields
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices ( GL, financial accounting reporting, controlling)
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused
- Practical knowledge of ERP system (Oracle) and very good Excel skill-set are necessary
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English , Italian would be beneficial
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.