Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Transfer Agency AML Product Manager, you’ll participate as part of the senior management team in developing and maintain the Global Transfer Agency AML Product. Your knowledge of AML Compliance and supervisory experience will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven to define the TA AML Services Product, Program, Policies, Procedures and training, consistent with all applicable regulatory requirements, client business needs and the Firm’s Statement of Appetite for Compliance Risk. To be successful, you’ll need to present strong and technical expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity, and management skills, including delegation and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead by example in establishing a culture of providing superior service
- Build and maintains strong internal and external business relationships
- Defend and protect core revenue streams through the oversight of exceptional product development
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with internal client groups to execute product strategy and projects
- Oversee the supervision of staff members through appropriate recruiting, training, performance management, and succession planning
- Liaise effectively with Assurance functions (Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk) as required
- Participate in client visits, presentations, walk through and other sales & client related activities, to the extent required to further the goals of TA AML Product
- Monitor TA AML Compliance Program issues, including issues affecting policies, procedures and processes, identified through the Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP), Transfer Agency Quality Assurance (TA QA) and Internal Audit processes and follow these through to their satisfactory conclusion.
- Ensure proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items, standards and controls
- Seek to add increased efficiency within TA AML Product (and its delivery by service delivery operations / processes as applicable)through the use of technology and/or improved Policies and Procedures
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and to the expected standard and budget
- Develop and maintain effective written policies and procedures for the TA AML Product
- Ensure compliance of TA AML Policies and Procedures to Transfer Agency Due Diligence Standards (TADDS), as applicable
- Develop and maintain an enhanced training program for TA AML Product and TA personnel
- BA in a business degree program, and/or equivalent work experience (minimum of 10 years )
- At least 5 years of Anti Money Laundering experience (relevant certification nice to have)
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience working on system implementation projects
- Experience writing effective compliance policies and/or procedures
- Regulator, Compliance and/or Risk experience ideal
- AML compliance / regulatory knowledge
- Ability to manage and implement change and multiple priorities
- Effective written communication skills, particularly the ability to write policies and procedures, presentations, business cases, and solutions
- Ability to coordinate cross office/globally
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and respond effectively
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others