Quantitative Risk Specialist – Credit Risk Models
Job Reference #
Would you like to work in dynamic environment where your opinion and expertise is heard? Do you have an analytical mind? We are looking for someone like that to:
• review and challenge models used in credit risk management
• assess the conceptual soundness and appropriateness of different models and perform related outcome, impact and benchmark analyses
• run analyses on implementations to assess their correctness and stability
• carry out and document independent model validation in line with regulatory requirements and internal standards
• interact and discuss with model users, developers, senior owners and governance bodies
• support regulatory exercises such as CECL, IFRS9, CCAR/DFAST
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be working for Model Risk Management and Control (MRMC), a global function within the bank. Our role is to understand and assess the risks associated with the use of models at UBS. Within the immediate team, we validate US credit risk models covering UBS's Retail, Corporate, and Trading portfolios and models for RWA forecasting.
• Master or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering)
• A strong theoretical grounding in advanced probability, statistics, time series analysis and related concepts
• demonstrate high standards when it comes to report writing in a structured and transparent way
• strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively
• experience utilizing programming languages such as R, Python, LaTeX
• proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• familiarity with Basel Regulations, CECL, IFRS9, CCAR is a plus
• fluent in English, oral and written
• a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• motivated, well organized, and able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."