JAVA/KDB Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering and building robust scalable state-of-the-art application?
Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
We're looking for someone like that to help
• analyse business requirements
• design and implement solutions
• develop software component as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• collaborate with other global IT teams
• develop best of breed technology solutions as well as support and maintain the existing system
• work closely with traders, application support team and peers
The Central Risk Book ('CRB') project aims to optimize the way UBS trades and risk-manages its client-facing businesses. CRB is a global team with dev team distributed across the whole world. We use distributed microservice architecture written primarily in q/KDB and Java. CRB is real-time/big data processing platform providing pricing and quoting services for multiple flows like Indication of Interest, Trade Advertisement, Order Internalization and Profit and Lost calculation. Front end layer is written in React and communicates directly with q based data providers.
• minimum 5+ years' hands-on experience working on core Java applications
• experience with multithreaded and network programming
• experience developing in a real-time, high performance environment
• strong understanding of design patterns data structures and algorithms
• proficient in development on Linux platform
• experience working on KDB/Q will be an advantage
• experience with application development tools like IntelliJ, Maven and Gitlab
• experience with Azure cloud infrastructure will be a plus
• bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related technical fields
• experience of agile methodologies will be an advantage
• able to react quickly to business changes and liaise with a variety of technology and business groups. Daily tasks will include responding to business driven queries and ensuring the application is functionally operational
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."