Senior JAVA Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Analyze business requirements and design solutions
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• Work as part of an off-shore scrum development team and collaborate with other global IT teams
• Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• 3rd level support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
• See that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working in the Execution and Platform - Post Trade team. We are technology driven team covering applications handling real-time post execution flows. We pride ourselves on providing excellent value to our business by building systems that are reliable, scalable and adaptable.
We are a global team with presence in London, New York, Hong Kong Pune and Krakow.
• 5+ years' hands-on experience working on server-side Core Java (J2SE) applications, including expertise in multi-threaded programming (building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies a plus)
• Successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements including stability, capacity, scalability and manageability
• Good design skills and strong understanding of design and architectural patterns
• Experience of using standard application development tools - gitlab, temacity, gradle, intellij etc.
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies, especially scrum
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
Nice to have:
• Experience with Kafka and other messaging systems, Docker, Kubernetes
• Domain Knowledge: - Basic knowledge of Investment Banking domain and FIX protocol
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related technical fields
• Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
• Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."