Oracle Database Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for a hands-on DBA, technologist and architect who has experience in Oracle/PostgreSQL implementation to focus on building the PostgreSQL on Cloud platform and administrate 14000+ Oracle Databases
• Administrate Oracle Databases in 11g and 12c/18c. Manage Real Application Clusters and Dataguard. Support Recovery Manager and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
• Administrate and Manage PostgreSQL Database environment including tuning, clustering, troubleshooting.
• Architect the PostgreSQL environment to support application requirements including the use of read replicas, number of connections, managing concurrency etc.
• Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any unplanned downtime.
• Knowledge of Performance tuning skill to identify Database operational issues and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues. Experience in analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages.
• Help in developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
• Establish and implement processes/automation which ensures repeatative tasks are taken care by automation process using IPSoft,Ansible etc.
• Automate and perform regular database maintenance (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving, Connection pooling).
• Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
• Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines.
• Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests.
• Knowledge of supporting Databases on cloud would be advantage.
You’ll be working in the Regional Domain Expert/SME team with Project Managers, Database Engineering and Operations support dedicated to this function.
• 3+ years of experience in providing DBA support for medium/large number of databases in Oracle or experience in PostgreSQL
• Oracle RDBMS 11g; 12c /18c
• PostgreSQL 9.6,10,11,12
• Oracle Dataguard, RAC and RMAN
• Oracle Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
• Automation experience using shell scripts, iPSoft, Python, etc. is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."