Audit Operations Specialist - Internal Audit
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions? Do you know how to make things run smoothly? We are looking for someone like that to:
Support Audit Groups and Audit Groups Operations Manager (OM) through coordination of risk assessment, audit execution, issue assurance, regulatory reporting for their audit group by:
• Coordinating risk assessment, operational planning, quarterly reporting activities within the audit group
• Monitoring execution of audit plan and issue assurance portfolio, managing deviations from agreed plan
• Following up and resolving exceptions/alerts, overdue tasks, ownership disputes together with e.g. Auditable Entity owners, Lead Auditors, Audit Managers, SMEs.
• Primary contact for OM for any ad-hoc request. Coordinating any ad-hoc request within the audit group.
• Coordinating scheduling within the audit group and supporting the team schedulers in their scheduling activities.
• Verifying data quality in systems and SharePoints and following up on exceptions.
• Supporting the OM in coordinating and preparing materials for stakeholder meetings.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in Krakow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all Business Divisions and Group Functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As Audit Operations Specialist you will be working as a member of the GIA Global Operations Team, who owns the audit execution, risk assessment and operational planning processes. We drive process improvements, monitor process performance and coordinate the risk assessment and operational planning processes.
The position is based in Zabierzow k/ Krakow (Eximius Business Park).
• A university degree,
• Experience (at least 3 years) in audit at a consulting firm or in an internal audit function within the financial industry,
• A good understanding of audit and issue assurance process, and audit-related standards,
• Strong analytical skills – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions,
• Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Office (in particular Excel), knowledge and experience of Alteryx would be an asset,
• An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders,
• Comfortable working independently, with sound judgment,
• Prioritizing and balancing your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision,
• Being well organized with a proven ability to coordinate and drive process improvements both within your own function and in other functions,
• Focus on risks and efficiencies, and capable of identifying process improvements and successfully implementing related changes,
• Curiosity and willingness to discover all aspects of the Bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."