BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Tax Reporting and Compliance Team provides advanced operational support for the preparation and maintenance of tax records, returns, and reports for internal and/or external clients. Coordinates tax-related regulatory filings. Gathers required data elements, as needed, for various regulatory filings. Implements system and operational modifications to comply with more substantial regulatory changes.
- The Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the team process all tasks around the German withholding tax, based on income from financial assets in accordance with market and the Bank’s best practices, in order to provide a high quality service, minimize risk to the organization and guard against any financial or reputational loss.
- Back-office cooperation with the part of the team located in Frankfurt which is responsible for filing of tax reclaims with the German Tax Authority and support with clarification of pending or rejected tax reclaims with the GTA.
- Preparation and reporting of the monthly statistic figures (regularly returning activities).
- Undertaking of the bookings in connection with the Paying Agent process for our clients for which we are acting as paying agent.
- Handling of all existing, income related reports for transactions which are liable to the German withholding tax.
- Preparation of the monthly tax report.
- Ensure all German withholding tax are fully reconciled prior to deadlines and ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated by the team.
- Escalating to the Coordinator / Team Leader / Group Manager reconciliations that are at risk of missing the deadline.
- Monitoring and clearance of all German withholding tax exceptions and exception management queues.
- Good German (B2 = intermediate/upper-intermediate)
- Very good English (B2/C1 = upper-intermediate/advance)
- 3- years of working experience in finance-related area or in another multi-nationals company
- Familiarity with Office products (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point).
- Risk awareness
- Good self-organization and time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative and flexibility regarding various work assignments
- Attention to detail
- Withholding Tax knowledge is not required
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)