Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
UBS is committed to defining and implementing an internal data standard, which is used to define the content of messages exchanged between applications. An approved, group-wide data standard (known as Lingua) consists of a set of strategic message and file format definitions (known as Lingua protocols), which are documented using data models and XML schemas.
The Lingua standard is supported by a sophisticated set of internally developed software tools:
• Intranet site, where Lingua users can view and download protocol packages, perform bespoke element searches, check version deltas and other functions
• Protocol build and release tool which generates source code (Java, .Net) used by application developers for marshalling and validation of their Lingua messages
• GitLab & GitLab Runner, with deployment of libs to Nexus for application builders
• Message validation, as part of our website but also as a service, for developers to send their messages (typically as part of integration test)
We need to expand and improve the toolset, with exciting initiatives including extending schema generation to different formats (we are starting with AVRO), Nexus IQ adoption, and a refresh of our website to support integration with the bank’s business data dictionary.
The Lingua team is responsible for setting data standards consisting of a set of strategic message and file format definitions ), which are documented using data models and XML schemas. Team members are distributed across the UK and Poland.
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Problem solving and investigation skills
• testing and commitment to QA
• Java (Spring, Maven, JDBC, JUnit, TestNG, Log4j
• GitLab & GitLab Runner
• Unit tests framework (i.e. Junit)
• SQL and relational databases (Oracle)
• Windows and Unix/Linux environments (including command line magic and scripting for monitoring and maintenance of system jobs)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."