Regional / Group Controller in Finance Team
Job Reference #
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have the know-how for analyzing financial information?
We’re looking for someone like this to:
• prepare external financial and regulatory reports filed with Authorities in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP requirements
• working with external auditors to provide a level of assurance and sign off on the products delivered from the region i.e. audited financial statements based on IFRS as well as statutory accounting rules
• being accountable for the internal reporting including through to the Group process and to local boards and governance fora, leveraging the product of the wider Finance organization
• provide additional reporting on an 'as requested' basis to support the external and internal enquiries upon the entities financial results
• produce monthly financial close packs and provide detailed commentaries on significant business movements
• assess internal risk control deficiencies, provide assessments
• optimize processes by recommending ways to improve financial reporting procedures and internal management information
• produce and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Group Finance team in Krakow, Fabryczna Office Park. Our role is to support the EMEA/Swiss region and to provide accurate and reconciled financial data information.
Key objective of the role is to deliver high level accounting and financial reporting support on all operational and financial activities across our various locations & have daily interaction with various internal clients located globally including Integrated Middle Office, Financial Controllers across all legal entities and divisions.
• master’s degree or equivalent in accounting ( ACCA would be an asset )
• at least 6 years of experience in a similar role focusing on accounting and financial reporting
• fluent in written and spoken English
• proficient in MS excel (VBA would be an asset)
• strong analytical skills
• great attention to detail
• accurate and reliable mindset
• a can-do attitude to get the problem solved (despite all challenges)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."