Risk Control Operations, Asset Management
Job Reference #
Are you interested in the risk control area? Are you self-motivated and detail-oriented? Do you know how to make sure things run smoothly? Do you connect the dots to see the bigger picture?
We’re looking for someone like you to:
• Data Quality Control:
o checking, validating, control the inbound/outbound flow and quality of data
o data cleansing, enriching, verification, error resolution
o ensure high quality of data being using in risk modelling infrastructure and resolve any data errors in a timely manner
o resolution of data issues that emerge, in conjunction with Risk Managers and Technology
• Operational Risks Control:
o on-going monitoring and co-ordination of operational risk activities within the team including:
- Monthly Key Process Control evidence gathering and challenge
- bi-annual assessment and control review/updates
- Operational Risk Incidents/Group Internal Audit monthly updates in M7 including opening Operational Risk Incidents, Actions and closure pack
- action log follow ups
• Reports Generations & Support:
o operating dashboard and reporting; service reporting for inter-entity outsourcing
o maintain & support the improvement of Credit and Market Risk Management tools and reports used for risk monitoring (including working with IT on system enhancements, developments and testing)
o creating reports and views using Power BI, Tableau etc.
• assist with releases and UAT testing and functional’s strategic projects.
• Business Management:
o monthly finance reconciliations and reporting, headcount/service management reporting
o Workforce Planning monthly maintenance and update
o support senior management by creating relevant and insightful presentations
o attends various centrally organized meetings on service management, operational risk, Independent Management Testing, Business Continuity Management etc.
o external vendor contract management support
o administrative tasks – team communications and emails, updating org chart, website, distribution list
o support AM Chief Risk Officer and Chief of Staff in the planning and delivery of events such as senior management calls, on-site/off-site and townhalls
o provide support for internal communication activities, including preparation and delivery of email communications, Connections articles
You'll be working in the Risk Control team within Asset Management in Poland, Cracow. This global team oversees all business areas of Asset Management equities, fixed income, real estate, infrastructure, hedge fund and multi asset portfolios. You are responsible for data management, operational risks, reports production and business management of the AM Risk Control team, development and implementation of business priorities, projects, events and communication.
• a BA/BS Degree or international equivalent.
• interest in risk management and Asset Management, and the use & application of technology
- the ability to work proactively and collaboratively
- the ability to work well in a team as well as independently with little supervision
- the ability to communicate clearly with excellent writing skills
- the ability to manage and drive multiple and complex tasks/projects
• solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
• be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
• experience with high-level programming language and statistical modeling software know-how (like R, Python, Matlab,…) – nice to have
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• confident dealing with colleagues at all levels, in multiple locations
enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, organized and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."