Senior Software Engineering in Test
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you excited by a mandate to deliver an enterprise test engineering transformation that will positively impact the way hundreds of test engineers work within a technology function of 4000+?
Can you communicate with conviction to create, motivate and influence a test engineering community to be their best?
Do you think disruptively about creating a culture and practice of robust test automation, where the tests become so reliable and comprehensive as to support continuous delivery with zero or minimal manual intervention?
Are you a passionate, hands on and practical technologist?
We’re looking for a senior software engineer in Test to:
• Bring pragmatic and achievable disruptive technology and thinking to drive up test automation
• Create a marketplace of testing services and capabilities that test engineers can contribute to and consume (leverage inner source = open source but in house)
• Get into the details, be hands on and find the biggest challenges in our current process and innovate solutions to improve productivity and quality of experience
• Advocate and evangelise the rewards of thinking test first and test automation patterns in collaboration with our global DevOps and Engineering community
• Drive the transformation from an after the fact manual Quality Assurance bias, mind set and practice to a pro-active test first test engineering flow
• Partner, encourage, support and migrate 4000+ technologists from their heritage processes to the new state of the art frictionless delivery
You’ll be working with the Head of Test Engineering and a small federated team of Test Leads to drive and deliver the test automation strategy and workforce transformation to over 4000 technologists in IB. Our goal is to deliver more business value with higher quality by reducing lead time through test automation and education. Our approach is to innovate solutions and promote change of practice and behavior – then deliver through the globally aligned network of DevOps and Test Engineers.
• Deep and hands on experience in building enterprise class test automation services based on mature OSS solutions for specific application layer front-end (WebDriverIO, Cypress, Playwright, Selenide, etc), back-end (RestAssured, Spock, Mocha, Chai, Graphql related libs etc).
• Clear vision and adoption experience of testing best practices for microservice architecture applications. Contract testing practices and understanding mocking strategies.
• Experience in a preparing and adopting infrastructure for testing: browser/mobile factories (Selenoid, Browserstack, Moon, Perfecto.IO, etc), databases on-demand, event streaming services (Kafka, etc), test reporting services, integration with project management systems (Jira, etc).
• Experience in performance testing tools (Jmeter, Gatling, k6, etc ) and application monitoring approaches (AppDyamics, ELK, etc).
• A strong application and technical development background within the Financial Services industry – or an industry where regulation requires controls imposed on SDLC pipeline
• Understanding of full stack enterprise SDLC tool chain from Git to Nexus
• Passionate about good and sustainable engineering, firm believer and strong advocate of the value of Testing as business enabler
• A team player with strong organization and communication skills, able to influence, engage and motivate a global delivery team
• Growth mindset, open to feedbacks and strive for continuous improvement
• Ideally, complex implementations of Kubernetes based environments like Docker-EE, PKS, AKS etc.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."