Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Operations Intermediate Lead Specialist - Trade Management !
The Operations Intermediate Specialist Trade Management is responsible for assisting the Supervisor with day to day work, enhancing the productivity, reducing the Risk Profile and Enhancing the Client Experience as related to highly complex and client specific security related transactions. These Operations Specialists are the Subject Matter Experts related to processing activities and inquiries on such as; instruction receipt, authentication and routing, entry instruction and verification, settlement, processing and recording and reporting and reconciliation. As a Subject Matter Expert they are expected to assist team members as needed for trade expertise and back-up. The Operations Intermediate Specialist is a back-up for all functions including some Supervisor functions. They will also assist Management in the identification and resolution of issues.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Assist Supervisors in Workflow Management;
- Independently manage client specific processes and provide daily feedback and reporting;
- Act as dedicated point of contact for specifically identified client processes;
- Processing and analysis of complex and client specific instructions;
- Entry of all client trades sent to BBH which may be STP, automated but needing repair, or fully manual (rekey);
- Authenticates, confirms, and distributes all Faxed trades received into the Bank;
- Perform various edit checks on all electronic trades. Those trades with missing, incomplete, inconsistent or poorly formatted data are sent to repair for research and resolution;
- Re-key - Faxed trade tickets are entered into GTPS;
- Processing of complex and client specific instructions;
- Verify (dual controls) information prior to release to other areas of the firm as well as release to market;
- Assist in management of daily volume;
- Escalate known or potential issues to management;
- Help ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met;
- Assist team members and supervisors with daily tasks as Subject Matter Expert;
- Resolve transaction related problems using established procedures or client documentation and available systems;
- Analyze trends and provide feedback on instruction content and format as related to market requirements/standards;
- Ensure timely response to internal and external requests;
- Communicate expected resolution (where applicable) based on market knowledge;
- Work proactively with clients and internal areas to improve instruction and process flow;
- Attend Client Meetings and have ability to actively engage with the Client.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3years of experience within Custody Operations;
- Excellent proven written and verbal communication skills;
- An aptitude for thorough analytical and problem resolution;
- Proven ability to provide feedback and guidance to clients effecting change in behavior and overall satisfaction;
- Self starter, proactive and objective oriented;
- Ability to execute tasks with little direction, and plan time effectively to meet deadlines;
- Ability to multitask and deal with competing priorities;
- Ability to identify, analyze, resolve and when needed escalate a problem.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.