Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a HR Senior Specialist – HR Direct – Europe!
The HR Direct Europe team is a part of the Global HR Operations group, responsible for the day to day management and personnel administration tasks in Europe.
The team is the primary “voice” of HR serving as the main point of contact for employees’ inquiries related to HR policies and regulations, benefits and HR systems.
A successful candidate will work closely with senior specialists and managers of HR Operations group to support the teams’ initiatives, design and implement efficient cross divisional processes to support overall HR operations strategy.
In addition, the successful candidate will participate in project development, continued process improvement and technology solutions implementation.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Respond to employees’ inquiries through case management system, phone and mailbox. Exemplify high client service standards by demonstrating timely, accurate and professional verbal and written correspondences with employees, managers, vendors and members of the HR team.
- Act as an expert on Polish labor law regulations, BBH global policies and internal initiatives.
- Escalate issues if needed and partner with HR subject matter experts (i.e., HRBPs, Payroll, Talent Acquisition etc.) for the best resolution. Develop credibility with diverse groups; interact comfortably with vendors and senior management.
- Work closely with the HR Direct manager and team peers to stay informed on client activity, changing needs and help identify opportunities for improving the client experience
- Collect and assist employees in completing various HR documents related to contractual changes, benefits, leave of absence, terminations etc.
- Create various HR documents and agreements on employment condition changes: position & salary change, internal transfer, promotion etc.
- Help to manage the termination process, provide guidance to managers and HR teams (internal and external)
- Support benefits administration: provide information on new applications, changes, terminations to benefits vendors,
- Connect with benefits providers and consultants if needed, facilitate benefits events, projects and system development
- Regularly review processes and update procedures
- Focus on process improvement and propose enhancements to gain efficiencies in the team
- Seek partnership and collaborate with different teams from HR IT area on process improvement
- Actively propose technology solution and system development for better user experience and efficiency gain
- Working knowledge of Polish labor law regulations;
- 1-2 years of experience working in Polish HR Administration is a must;
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related disciplines a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English and Polish required;
- Strong attention to details and understanding GDPR (RODO) requirements, teamwork and focus on client experience;
- Operate with continues improvement mindset;
- Ability to adapt to change as it occurs in numerous areas within HR;
- Strong PC skills, understanding of data/analytics use in HR space;
- Focused on technology and system solutions, willingness to explore process automation and modern technology in HR area.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.