Finance Accounting and Reporting Specialist
To perform specific Financial Accounting and Reporting activities relevant for Group and Local reporting in order to support and reinforce key business objectives. The role gives opportunity to participate in local, regional and global projects and that is why we are looking for a proactive, flexible person with a “can do” approach.
- Calculate and perform general ledger bookings and account reconciliation (e.g. calculate deferred income tax, accruals, provisions, pre-payments)
- Provide Group and external reporting (BS, P&L, Supplementary information to financial statement – according to IFRS, Solvency and other GAAP if needed)
- Perform Intercompany reconciliation and postings
- Perform various closing activities e.g. maintain interfaces to Sub ledger as an option: revaluation, regrouping and cost allocation cycles (depends on BU)
- Support/collaborate in various projects such as the analysis and implementation of Group Chart of Accounts changes
- Maintain contact with various stakeholders e.g. FAR Controllers, Actuaries, Local Accountants,
- Execute controls within SOX framework
- At least 2-3 years of relevant general accounting experience
- Practical accounting knowledge in end-to-end GL / financial audit or financial reporting
- Finance and Accounting, Economy or equivalent academic degree
- Good knowledge of Excel and financial systems (SAP as preferred)
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- English skills – fluent written and spoken
What we offer:
- real life opportunities to develop and grow with us and contribute to the world around us
- competitive salaries, language allowance and an employee benefits package that includes among others medical insurance, life insurance and sport-card
- annual bonus depending on company annual results and individual performance
- wide range of learning programs and personal development opportunities including also possibility to apply for up to 80% of educational trainings reimbursement
- referral awards
- onsite fitness trainings
- fresh fruits at the office
- possibility to work from home
- nice and friendly atmosphere
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk.
In March 2016 we established a Shared Service Centre in Kraków, in Poland to support our global strategy. It is from this location that we have created a global shared service platform, focusing on advanced business functions such as financial accounting and reporting, planning and performance management, ICFR testing, financial systems management as well as HR integrated talent management operations.
We are committed to creating value for all our stakeholders on some of their deepest challenges, including climate change, a changing world of work and a digital society. Sustainability is a strategic priority for Zurich and it is our ambition to be known as one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world. In 2019, Zurich outperformed 99 percent of our industry peers in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. And we received numerous awards across the world acknowledging our commitment to diversity, community resilience and responsible investment. Reinforcing our ambition, in June 2019 Zurich first insurer to commit to the UN Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5C. We believe sustainability is about meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs – ultimately ensuring we do business in a way today that ensures our long-term growth.
This role is related to the key area of Zurich’s activity in Kraków. We are committed to complete the recruitment process as soon as possible, however in some occasions it may take up to 6 months and the requirements for the position may be subject to some clarification or modification during the recruitment process.
The controller of personal data is Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Stock-Offering Company) Branch in Poland (“We”, “Us”) with headquarters in Krakow, ul. Promienistych 1.
Your personal data will be processed to carry out the recruitment process, as well as for purposes related to employment, if the employment will be established. The legal bases for processing are:
- necessity to process data in order to take action before concluding a possible employment contract and possible implementation of this contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR),
- compliance with legal obligations e.g. regulating the process of recruitment and employment (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR),
- necessity to process data for the purposes of our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR), such as: the choice of the right candidate, managing the recruitment and employment process, verification of competences and information provided during recruitment, archiving data, establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims,
- your consent (Article 6(1)(a)GDPR) in cases, when any of the abovementioned legal bases apply, including when we processes your personal data in connection with other recruitment processes than you initially participated in. When we ask you for permission to process your personal data and you voluntarily agree to the processing of them, your personal data will be processed only for the purposes indicated in the consent.
Providing personal data is voluntary. We will inform you whenever specific data is necessary for the recruitment and related activities.
Your personal data processed for the above purposes will not be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of automated processing, including profiling.
The data will be processed for the duration of the recruitment process, and then their storage will take place for the duration of your consent (if you have given it) or for the existence of our legitimate interest (no longer for the period of limitation of any your or our claims).
You have the right to access the data, receive a copy of it, rectify it, delete it or request limitation of its processing, object, and the possibility of withdrawing consent at any time, but the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
We provide our e-mail addresses if you want to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, e.g. to exercise your rights.
If you want to keep your CV in our database for future recruitment, please add the following consent in the CV: "I agree to the processing of personal data contained in my job application for future recruitment by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd.