Lead Java & Data Streaming Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about being a part of the team that builds robust, scalable and real time data streaming applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
Yes? We are looking for such a person to help us:
– design and implement an industry leading data streaming liquidity management solution;
– be innovative, leveraging the latest technologies to provide the best user experience
– develop software components aligned to our systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– build automated unit and integration tests;
– support the project team in resolving high-priority defects for your applications;
You’ll be working in a Group Treasury IT agile team in Krakow to build real-time tracking and algorithmic manipulation of UBS’s Liquidity buffers, working with colleagues across the countries - Krakow, London and Zurich.
– at least 10 years of experience in Java programming, with at least 5 in a lead role;
– demonstrable development experience with Kafka;
– Functional programing in Java and some Scala experience will be a plus;
– (Highly Desirable) experience with Flink or alternative streaming solution;
– experience with no sql persistence (preferably the Elastic stack);
– experience leading teams using an Agile development methodology;
– sound grasp of the benefits and operations of a solid CI/CD pipeline;
– (Desirable) experience in financial services;
– passionate about technology;
– effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software;
– you have strong opinion that a loosely held
– you happy to challenge and be challenged if we think that something need to be improved
– not afraid of stepping outside the pure Java Developer role (contributing to roadmap, CI/CD, devOps, etc.) if necessary;
– happy to design, document and demonstrate your work, as well as develop;
– believe that quality is everybody’s responsibility, and believe developers should write strong tests for their work;
– fluent in English;
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."