Tech Internship Program: Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The role is for the for someone like you in our Global Regulatory Calculation Team . Are you:
– Looking for an opportunity to work in on projects using latest technology in global investment bank?
– Do you have a knack for problem solving?
– A tendency to dig in, understand issues, clarify with stake holders and design solutions?
– Are you able to multi-task and manage multiple parallel demands efficiently?
– Are you organized with strong communication and partnering skills?
– Willingness to learn new development skills
– Can analyze new requirements and develop optimum performing solutions which can be implemented
– Can maintain, provide technical assistance and support of existing system solutions
– Can constantly think about continuous improvements on the existing systems regarding performance and functionality
– Can develop software components following SDLC methodology
– Produce technical specifications along with code of highest standards and defined work products
– Can apply standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by SDLC (code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance, etc.)
– Good understanding of version management of software artefacts
– Embed Risk Awareness by designing and operating an effective control environment, proactively identifying and raising control deficiencies and driving diligent and sustainable risk remediation
The role will be working within a global team supporting and maintaining multiple Finance Technology systems, globally used applications with very high user base. You will closely work with the change project team and business user to define and work out new solutions.
The role requires:
– Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– Knowledge of programming language preferably Java or one of the following: Scala, C# .Net, Python, PL/SQL (or any Object-oriented programming language).
– Exposure or awareness of the technical areas around Azure Cloud, Databricks , Cloud pipelines (using Akka/Spark streams), Cloud deployment (Kubernetes & Helm), Big Data, Gitlab and Runners will be added advantage.
– Exposure or awareness of Agile Software Development concepts and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban)
– Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technology.
– a great communicator both written and verbal
– good at building networks and connections
a pragmatic "can do" attitude
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."