Country Risk Model Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you interested in how political and economic events impact credit risk of the bank? Are you experienced in applying macro-economic concepts and quantitative modelling? Do you enjoy analyzing complex data and developing new solutions? Then we are looking for you to support us to:
– develop and maintain models, methodologies and tools to assess country, sovereign and related risks applied across the bank
– monitor model performance and manage model related governance processes
– contribute to research, analysis and diverse projects (country-specific, comparative and geopolitical themes) produced by the team
– support further development and automation of internal tools and processes
– interact with specialists in different areas to drive upgrades of the internal framework and processes
You will be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk Team in Kraków. Our mandate is the assessment of global political & economic risks, assignment of country and related ratings, oversight of group country limits and development of macroeconomic scenarios for stress testing. This requires a sound knowledge of macroeconomic and political theory, econometric modelling skills, as well as the interaction with various internal experts and management.
– university degree in Economics, Political Economy, Finance or Econometrics
– profound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and concepts
– proficient in English, MS office (Excel) and strong digital skills (e.g. R, Phyton, data visualization tools)
– practical experience with rating models, country risk or relevant economic research a plus
– strong analytical and organizational skills: you like to work with data and report your findings eloquently
– a pro-active, reliable team-player with a strong attention to detail, but also able to work independently
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."