Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries. In 2019, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested more than CHF 120 million in R&D.
This is a challenging and independent role ideal for ambitious candidate who would like to join dynamic and international environment. Our employees are responsible not only for operations but there is also a lot of opportunities to develop your skills participating in different projects, e.g. Standardization, Automatization, Improvements, etc.
If you are ready to join a fast-growing SSC and would like have the opportunity to leave your mark, this job offer is for you!
- Participation in process migration from Local Finance Teams to new established Shared Service Center or taking over the responsibilities for entities already rolled in SSC (internal Knowledge Transfer)
- Perform accounting operations in Record To Report Area (General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Intercompany, etc.) with high quality and efficiency (daily and Month End Close activities)
- Supervision of complete accounting processes for legal entities (Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Inventory, Intercompany, Treasury)
- Responsibility for monthly Corporate Reporting Package (incl. Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, FA table, Aging, etc.)
- Processing monthly Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring accuracy and data integrity in the end-to-end financial reporting process by ensuring compliance with the Internal Control System requirements
- Responding to queries from Operating Company, support Legal Entities and HQ on ad-hoc tasks
- Contributing to General Ledger process improvement initiatives (including Robotic Process Automation
- Manage and update internal processes and manuals (e.g. Desktop Procedures, Internal Control System)
- Identifying and solving common cross-process (PTP, OTC, RTR) issues
- Provide guidance and support to other team colleagues on technical, professional and client issues at the level of team’s daily duties
- Supporting Team Leader with organizational and administrational initiatives
- Perform other tasks related to the processes being established in SSC
- University degree in Finance and Accounting/Accounting Certificates or at least 2 years’ experience in General Ledger Department
- Previous experience in a Shared Services Company/BPO is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP or Navision (would be an asset)
- Written and spoken English (at least B2)
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office, esp. Excel
- Attention to detail and great organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Solution-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and customer focus
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience in setting up and implementing process improvements, standardization (would be an asset)
Additionally, please make sure that your CV contains the following consent:
I hereby give my consent my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended. I am aware of the possibility to withdraw my consent at any time and that the withdrawal does not affect the legitimacy of the processing that was conducted prior to the withdrawal.