Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Fintech Technical Leader to design and develop high quality design solutions within Fintech portfolio products. Acts as technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management. Responsible for research and identify technical gaps in existing applications.
- Close cooperation with project leaders, project managers, architects, development team
- Working with business to clarify technical complexity of design,
- Estimating the complexity of solutions,
Design and Development
- Demonstrate hands-on experience with delivering solutions design and implementation in enterprise environment,
- Expert level knowledge of commonly used architectural frameworks and design patterns with demonstrated technical leadership in building scalable, high performance enterprise platform,
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology and industry best practices,
- Desire to constantly learn and develop technical breadth across multiple technical domains,
- Consistently provide employees with constructive and timely feedback, both positive and negative,
- Develop employees by providing training, mentoring, appropriately challenging assignments and assistance with career planning,
- Assist in the hiring process of qualified personnel
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience,
- 7+ years application development experience
- Strong technology background, hands-on experience in development,
- Understanding the concepts of Databases, popular Web frameworks, App Communication & Integrations concepts,
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and perform technical research independently,
- Time management with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience working with a Global team
Nice to have:
Financial services industry knowledge and experience
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others