Team provides a full site of administrative services to support real estate funds and property management including specific set of funds, fund accounting, investor servicing, ensuring that NAV packs for private equity & real estate clients are prepared in line with company policy and procedure.
- Leading and supervision on preparation of periodical accounting & NAV production for the Real Estate funds, that may include period closing activities, construction & validation, dissemination and reporting tasks for all underlying entities, consolidation.
- Supervise the reviews of general ledger transactions and annual/quarterly and monthly financial statements for multiple real estate properties.
- Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
- Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of complex funds.
- Reviews draft reports completed by more junior staff.
- Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
- Assists in evaluating GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. •
- Min. 5 years of total work experience preferred, accounting/ audit background would be an asset.
- Experience with preparing financial statements.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- Real estate and investment accounting experience/education would be a strong asset.
- Business English.
- Experience in people management is preferred.
- Strong communication skills as well as high level of accuracy and proficiency in excel.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.