‘Be you’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
The Finance Analyst role is a position for the Business Operations & Analytics team, supporting Global Technology and Products portfolio owners in the two core areas: Financial Management and Vendor Management. The ideal candidate should possess a background in finance and technology and be familiar with Agile and DevOps processes. The candidate is required to carry Business Intelligence tool skills.
In this role you will:
- Global Products & Technology meet the need for clear, accurate and timely financial and business information, led appropriately – participate in a regular structured commercial performance reviews, supervise alignment with agreed contracts and raise any related risks, issues ensuring accurate escalations
- Design and develop models and methodologies for future cost modeling and business decisions support; support business in planning and forecasting periodic activities/trend
- Prepare and publish reports to partners to show costing progress - track financials and handle operational budgets. Provide explanations to differences from expectation
- Provide financial analysis expertise and insight into the development of strategies. Pull the data from repositories; help support business information systems, create dashboards in Power BI/Excel ect.
Ensure that commercial transactions are run optimally and in a timely manner - this includes ensuring payments, purchase orders, cross charging, etc. are all executed correctly issues are addressed
Qualifications & Skills:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience related to Finance activities
- Demonstrated ability in managing budgets, cross – charging, commercial models, identifying, assessing and tracking risks and vendor management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Computer Sciences with finance experience
- Good knowledge of Excel and SAP
- Analytical skills – being data centric; experience with at least 1 data visualization platform preferably Power BI; experience writing queries to retrieve data
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills with both finance, technical & non-technical audiences, assertiveness, orientation for a details and team work
- Be inquisitive for knowledge, drive for results