Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
- Contact customers to collect outstanding debt
- Coordinate customer’s queries with the relevant departments for dispute resolutions
- Manage customer administration needs to help them pay the invoices (send account statement, dunning letter, provide invoice copy when required)
- Manage assigned portfolio of customer accounts for debt reduction and age of receivables improvement according to set targets.
- Report current status and flag any potential risks to Credit Controller
- Proactively build Customer relationship, continually seek out ways to improve customer satisfaction, communication & query resolution
- Ensure compliance with collections policies and procedures
- Run cash allocation process accurately and timely
- Unapplied and unidentified customer payments handling
- Performing other AR activities agreed with the client such as: refunds, direct debits, etc.
- Assure tasks are performed in compliance with accountancy, tax, local, legal rules and customer accounting standards
- Resolve system and transaction issues and queries
50% SME Activities
- Supervision of Collections an Cash Application processes from accounting perspective (timeliness & completeness)
- Collaboration with R2R team on ensuring completeness and timeliness of the AR process delivery on period end close
- Ensuring MAPs controls compliance in Supervision of Collections an Cash Application
- Supporting Team Leaders and Managers in achieving required compliance standards
- Active involvement in EMEA OTC Strategy realization
- Fostering culture of Continuous Improvement in OTC department. Reviews of open projects. Supporting project owners
- Identification of training needs across OTC Teams. Organize/provide trainings
- SOPs /manuals/work instructions update
- Supporting process changes design and implementation
- SPOC for process related queries on EMEA level
- Facilitating cross-teams collaboration
- collections policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
- Degree level qualification in Finance / Accounting area;
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- At least 3-years experience in an international environment
- Experience in record-to-report, cash operations and credit knowledge can be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of end to end OTC operational and financial controls, business processes and reporting
- Proven record of process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact professionally and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers.
at Smith+Nephew we offer:
care | multisport
card | life
sharesave plan |
meals and fruits |
growth in the global
zones in the