Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a HR Professional – Payroll Europe
The Payroll Professional is responsible for collecting and calculating payroll information for salaried and hourly employees, across all European BBH locations. This position processes and verifies the accuracy of all payment processing, as well as tax filings. The Payroll Professional assists in researching assessments received from various agents and processing items ancillary to the payroll, such as garnishments. This position also assists in the co-ordination of all internal and external audits of payroll.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Payroll Processing Administration:
- Collect and calculate payroll information for both salaried and hourly BBH employees across all European BBH locations.
- Preparation and processing of payroll inputs
- Confirm the accuracy of time sheets and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Prepare standard withholdings and deductions from gross pay amounts. Audit paychecks, benefits adjustments, special bonus awards and commissions and ensure they are accurately processed.
- Balance payroll records and prepare tax payments, as required.
- Collaborate with appointed third-party vendor to ensure a streamlined experience for all BBH employees.
Payroll Reconciliation & Reporting:
- Perform payroll reconciliation, including pension payments in certain locations
- Prepare reports for the Payroll Manager and other teams across BBH, as required.
- Perform month end reporting procedures to ensure compliance with internal and external procedures and regulations.
- Assist in year-end reconciliation processes
- 3 to 5 years experience in Poland Payroll Administration processing, Accounting, or related disciplines
- Bachelors degree or equivalent a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience working with external vendors Knowledge of relevant federal and state payroll taxes and legislation a plus
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Access Knowledge of payroll processes and systems interfaces
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities